Spring is here, winding it’s way to summer and visions of fishing, sailing, swimming or just laying out on your dock with a good book as you enjoy the sunshine. Before the summer is in full swing take a look at some things to do to get your dock ready for the summer.
- Check to see whether your dock is level and not tilting one way or the other.
- Make sure you any loose boards, or rotten ones that need replacing, check to see if they are still well attached.
- With wood, you will want to apply an annual sealant to protect it from the effects of the sun and water.
- Are your hinges still in good working order? Are all of the pins attaching them in place?
- Is your anchoring in place? Make sure your cables are in good shape, not broken or frayed.
- Make sure your handrails are secure and provide good support for walking.
- Make sure any boat lifts are still mounted tightly and are in working condition.
After taking note of the condition of your dock, decide whether you want to go ahead and contract with someone for maintenance, depending on the extent of preparation needed and the time involved. You may contact us to discuss repair and maintenance needs. Give us a call and let us know how we can help you.